Well, here we are in 2014. 2013 was a fantastic year. It was one of the more difficult years of my life but also one of the most fulfilling and rewarding. It was filled with adventures, laughter, good friends, sweet laughter, joys, mourning, dancing, newness, and challenges. Looking back, I would not change a thing. I think that I will look back in a coming day and see 2013 as the year I became myself. There were so many great things that happened in 2013, but I thought I would share a favorite moment from each month….
1. Being able to serve in the beginning of the year with South Lee Athletics…. what an awesome organization with some great people!
2. Celebrating with my bestie when she said, “yes”
3. Watching our small town college destroy everyone’s march madness brackets….thanks dunk city
4. Finding out I was moving to Alabama, and then visiting for the first time
5. Karaoke nights, themed parties, the conclusion of the office and beach days with my crazy friends.
6. Resigning from two jobs, packing my apartment, and celebrating two weeks of unemployment with my bestie (June was a crazy month!)
7. kickball in the rain for my first night with my new kids here
8. Standing next to my bestie as she took her marriage vows
9. Going back to school, feeling discouraged and being reminded that I don’t have to be confident in myself but rather the One who dwells within me.
10. Turning 27. it pretty much just rocks.
11. Thanksgiving with my crazy, awesome, sweet family.
12. Realizing that I have two homes….and how truly special that is.
((and so many other sweet, crazy, awesome moments))
365 days ago I would not have believed what this year would have in store. It has been a roller coaster of a year. It fills me with anticipation for all that will come with 2014!
Bring on the adventures 2014, I’m ready!
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”- Helen Keller